The sum Tiger Woods paid Elin Nordegren in their divorce settlement was much speculated about in the press, with vastly different figures — all jaw-dropping — tossed around. Now, Radar Online claims to have ascertained that the exact sum was $110 million, and that Elin dealt with her newfound wealth by … making cuts to her household staff. Say what?
“She’s not cheap … she’s just not throwing money around and wasting it the way some people would,” a source said, acknowledging, “But she has cut back some of the hours some people work. She’s not acting like she hit the lottery.”
During the divorce negotiations, the former model is said to have been more concerned with making a clean break than with playing hardball.
“Tiger is worth hundreds of millions of dollars,” said a source. “Elin got a lot of money, but she could have received more. She wanted enough money to not change her luxurious lifestyle but she didn’t try to take him for every penny that she could. Elin wants to get on with her life.”
Well, that’s commendable and all … but of all the ways to save money, did Elin really need to cut back her staff’s hours? The nanny probably doesn’t have $110 million to fall back on!
Madge’s New Man
Has Madonna found a(nother) new younger man? Most recently linked — for a surprisingly long time — to Brazilian hottie Jesus Luz, the pop icon was reportedly seen canoodling with 33-year-old dancer Brahim Rachiki at NYC club SL last week.
“They came in together and were holding hands in a private area,” an onlooker relayed. “Madonna got up and was dancing for an hour straight before going back to her man. They immediately started making out in front of other guests.”
Around 1 a.m., they moved on to a different club where it was déjà vu all over again: “After working the dance floor, they found more private seating where they hugged and kissed for the rest of the night,” another gawker dished.
The real shocker here: Brachim is 33, actually older than ex-beau Jesus at 24.
Jon's TV Trauma
Jon Gosselin wants to take away his kids' TV privileges. The dad of eight, using Twitter for a DIY press release, recently announced that his efforts to block filming of TLC's “Kate Plus 8” were fruitless.
“On October 13, 2010, I went to court to act in the best interest of my children — to remove them from television,” the former reality star tweeted. “The judge respectfully denied my plea, and granted filming rights to their mother.” (That would be ex-wife Kate Gosselin, in case you were nowhere near a grocery-store checkout last year.)
“I honor the judge’s decision, but I do not support it,” he continued. “I will not stop fighting to remove my children from television. It is not a child’s job to support themselves, or a lifestyle, they need to be kids.”
“I would like to apologize to my friends, family and especially my children for not taking a stand earlier in my life and not questioning my decisions to have our lives documented and displayed,” Jon added. “I will have to answer to my children for the rest of my life. I will have to live with this guilt the rest of my life.”
Oh, please. Who wants to bet that by next week he's shopping a new reality show about his valiant legal crusade?
Kitty Raymond is an entertainment writer and astrologer. She welcomes feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.