Tenderloin stabbing suspect held on $5M bail 

A 46-year-old San Francisco man charged with murder for allegedly fatally stabbing another man inside a Tenderloin market earlier this week was ordered held on $5 million bail today.

Patrick Sullivan made his first appearance in San Francisco Superior Court this morning since his arrest early Monday outside the
Cadillac Market at 499 Eddy St.

Prosecutors allege Sullivan stabbed 40-year-old William Quinn, of San Francisco, twice in the chest inside the market at about 1:50 a.m. after a dispute that may have involved drugs.

Quinn staggered outside and when police arrived minutes later, they found Sullivan on top of Quinn holding a knife as Quinn struggled to get Sullivan off of him, according to prosecutors.

Quinn died later at the hospital.

The stabbing was witnessed by an employee inside the market and recorded on the store's surveillance camera, prosecutors said.

The men are believed to have argued outside the store just before the stabbing. Sullivan then entered the store and told the employee to call 911. Quinn followed him into the store and at that point Sullivan allegedly stabbed him, district attorney's office spokesman Brian Buckelew said.

Quinn was unarmed, according to the district attorney's office.

Sullivan, charged with one count of murder with the allegation of use of a deadly weapon, is scheduled to enter a plea Friday. His plea entry was postponed today to allow his newly appointed attorney to review evidence in the case. He faces 26 years to life in prison if convicted.

Tags: ,

About The Author

Staff Report

Staff Report

Bio:
A daily newspaper covering San Francisco, San Mateo County and serving Alameda, Marin and Santa Clara counties.
Pin It
Favorite

More by Staff Report

Sunday, Jan 25, 2015

Videos

Related to Other News

© 2015 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation