Suspect in San Bruno Carl's Jr. carjacking pleads not guilty 

The suspect in a wild carjacking at a Carl’s Jr. restaurant in San Bruno last week pleaded not guilty to all charges against him Monday.

Jaime Alejandro Campos, 30, of Castro Valley, is accused of throwing a 53-year-old woman to the ground while snatching her car keys at the fast food restaurant.

The victim had just purchased a soda and was returning to her car when the attack happened. San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said. While Campos sped out of the parking lot in her car, he nearly ran over a second person and then drove over a curb to avoid a citizen who tried to block him in with his car, Wagstaffe said.

The victim who was almost run over jotted down the license plate number on the car. Cops later pulled over Campos for a traffic violation, Wagstaffe said.

Campos pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon, and driving with a suspended license causing injury.

The case was set for preliminary hearing on April 29. Bail was set at $100,000 and Campos remains in custody, Wagstaffe said.

maldax@sfexaminer.com

Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Videos

© 2014 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation