People of all ages were robbed of their cell phones on San Francisco’s streets in the last two days.
The victims were males between ages 15 and 57 who were victimized during both the daylight and sundown hours and in various locations citywide, police said Wednesday.
The thievery began around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday at Mission Street and Silver Avenue, where a 15-year-old boy was robbed. The boy had been talking on his phone when one of three punks allegedly snatched it out of his hands and fled with his buddies. Cops later took the three suspects into custody, they said.
About 10 minutes later, another 15-year-old boy was robbed in the unit block of Gladstone Drive, police said. The suspect, described only as a 20-year-old man, demanded the teen empty his pockets and then fled with the victim’s wallet, cash and phone.
A shotgun-toting suspect robbed a 57-year-old man around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Main Street, police said. The suspect approached the man from behind, pointed the shotgun into his back and demanded his cell phone and cash. The victim complied and the armed goon fled.
About an hour later, a 28-year-old man was approachedat Natoma and 15th streets by four men described by police as being between the ages of 17 and 20, police said. The four hoodlums demanded the man’s wallet and cellphone, searched the victim’s pockets and fled the scene.
Follow The San Francisco Examiner’s crime blog, Law & Disorder, on Twitter @sflawdisorder.