Reyes pleads not guilty in Bologna killings 

click to enlarge Wilfredo 'Flaco' Reyes pleaded not guilty in the 2008 triple slaying of a man and his two sons. - COURTESY PHOTO
  • Courtesy Photo
  • Wilfredo 'Flaco' Reyes pleaded not guilty in the 2008 triple slaying of a man and his two sons.

The man alleged to be an MS-13 gang leader who’s accused in the 2008 triple slaying of a San Francisco man and two of his sons pleaded not guilty Tuesday to all charges he faces.

Wilfredo “Flaco” Reyes, 31, was arrested in Salisbury, N.C., on July 9. He had been at large since June 22, 2008, the day Anthony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, were fatally shot in the Excelsior district as they were driving home from a picnic.

Reyes is charged with three counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, one count of participating in a criminal street gang, one count of conspiracy to commit murder, and one count of aiding and abetting a shooting into an occupied vehicle.

His arrest came two months after MS-13 gang member Edwin Ramos, 25, was sentenced to three consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole for his role in the killings. Ramos has said he was driving the car used in the incident, but that Reyes pulled the trigger.

Reyes’ attorney, Stephen Olmo, said he does not know whether Ramos will testify against Reyes.

Reyes is scheduled to return to court Aug. 22. He is being held on $5 million bail.

About The Author

Carolyn Copeland

Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

Videos

© 2014 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation