Three popular bus lines will be diverted for parts of today and Friday to avoid running into the traffic caused by President Barack Obama’s brief presence in The City, according to Muni. A handful of roads will also be closed.
The president is scheduled for an overnight visit to San Francisco tonight for a $500 to $1,000 per person fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee. Air Force One is scheduled to land at San Francisco International Airport just after 5 p.m. and Obama will spend the evening at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in Union Square. He’ll leave for another obligation in Texas by 9:30 a.m. Friday.
To reduce traffic in areas where the president may visit, the inbound 26-Valencia will stop before traveling on Mission Street. Both directions of the 27-Bryant line will be rerouted and the outbound 38-Geary will be diverted.
Street closures due to the president’s visit will run from noon today to 11 a.m. Friday.
- Howard Street and all alleys between Folsom and Mission streets, between Fourth and Sixth streets
- Geary Street between Stockton and Taylor streets
Bus routes will be changed from 2 p.m. today to 11 a.m. Friday.
- 26-Valencia inbound: Not in service on Mission Street; transfer to 14-Mission or any Market Street route
- 26-Valencia outbound: Won’t stop at Mission and Mary streets; instead, catch bus at stop at northwest corner of Fifth and Mission streets
- 27-Bryant inbound: Won’t stop at Fifth at Folsom, Howard or Mission streets; instead, catch bus at stop at Fifth at Harrison or Market streets
- 27-Bryant outbound: Won’t stop at Fifth at Folsom or Howard streets; instead, catch bus at Fifth at Harrison or Mission streets
- 38-Geary and 38L-Geary outbound: Won’t stop at Geary and Kearny, Stockton or Powell streets; instead, catch bus at Market and Kearny, Fourth or Fifth streets
Source: Municipal Transportation Agency