Man accused of Belmont’s only murder last year assigned shrink 

The “bizarre” 22-year-old man facing the death penalty for brutally beating to death an 88-year-old man in Belmont before stealing his Jaguar will soon see a court-appointed shrink, prosecutors said.

Tyler Hutchinson, the transient accused of committing the only murder in Belmont last year, was scheduled to be assigned doctors Tuesday, prosecutors said.

The city’s police chief called the hideous attack on Albert Korn “one of the most disturbing things I’ve seen in my law enforcement career.”

Earlier this month, defense attorneys said in court they doubted Hutchinson was competent to stand trial. In a courtroom outburst, Hutchinson tried to prove his attorney’s wrong, but in doing so he instead strengthened their case.

“The defendant spoke out and in his usual bizarre manner objected to his attorney’s motion,” prosecutors said.

Hutchinson remains in custody on no-bail status.

About The Author

Staff Report

Staff Report

Bio:
A daily newspaper covering San Francisco, San Mateo County and serving Alameda, Marin and Santa Clara counties.
Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Videos

Related to Crime & Courts

© 2014 The San Francisco Examiner

Website powered by Foundation