The hacker group Anonymous posted new demands for BART on Monday that the group says it wants met in order to end the protests against the transit agency.
Protests against BART started after the killing of Charles Hill, a transient, on the train platform of the Civic Center station July 3. In the lead-up to a possible protest, BART decided to cut off cellphone service to its downtown stations in San Francisco.
After the move by the transit agency to limit the cellphone communication, the group Anonymous planned a protest for Aug. 15, and Monday night, both of which disrupted BART and Muni service for evening commuters.
On Tuesday, the day after protesters were arrested, the group posted new demands for BART on a Tumblr blog:
1. Fire [BART spokesman] Linton Johnson and BART Chief Kenton Rainey.
2. Mandate new training for all BART officers.
3. Publicly apologize to the people for shutting down cell service.
4. Take the guns away from the BART police.
5. Reopen the investigation to the killing of Charles Hill.
The group says it is planning another protest for Monday and that it will continue to plan protests every Monday evening until BART meets its demands.