“Smuggle Truck,” an iPhone game allowing users to drive a truck full of illegal immigrants through the desert, was rejected by the Apple App Store. The game let players evade federal agents while crossing the U.S.-Mexican border and saving immigrants from falling off the open-bed truck as it drove over cliffs, mountains and dead animals. Scores reflected the number of immigrants safely delivered into the U.S. The developers denied their creation was in bad taste.
Dying to virtually smuggle illegal immigrants? There won't be an app for that
Get Digital Edition
More By Staff report
- DREAM Act for illegal immigrants? Dream on
- The Democrats' conundrum: If you want less income inequality, does that means fewer illegal immigrants?
- Counterfeiters open fake Apple stores in China
- Violence breaks out over iPad 2 in China
- Over 1 million safety violations found on Mexican trucks crossing into US