San Francisco assemblyman Tom Ammiano’s bill to improve safety at Market Street and Octavia Boulevard, AB 2729, passed the Legislature and is headed to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger for final approval. The bill authorizes The City to use camera enforcement until January 2013 to prohibit turns at the intersection, long known to be one of the most dangerous in The City.
Get Digital Edition
More By Staff report
- Advocates still pursuing Market, Octavia plan despite veto
- Ammiano bill for cameras at Market and Octavia awaits Gov’s approval
- Bicyclist hit at problem intersection of Market and Octavia streets
- Right-turn targeting cameras approved for dangerous San Francisco intersection at Octavia and Market
- Pace of traffic collisions slows