Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Napa, sent Vice President Joe Biden a special gift the day after his 49ers gaffe at a fundraiser luncheon in San Francisco on Wednesday. Thompson said mistakenly referring to the Niners as the Giants was understandable considering the local baseball team’s success in 2010, but to ensure it doesn’t happen again Thompson sent Biden a 49ers hat and a bottle of wine.
Get Digital Edition
More By Staff report
- Say it ain't so, Joe! VP flubs rally cry
- US welcomes China’s Xi Jinping with pledge of candor
- Biden embraces role as warm alternative to Obama on campaign trail
- Jon Stewart mocks 'Rip Van Biden' for sleeping during Obama's speech
- Government Accountability and Transparency Board meeting closed to media