MC Hammer was arrested in Dublin on Thursday for allegedly “obstructing an officer,” but he claims it was a clear-cut case of racial profiling.
Hammer, aka Stanley Kirk Burrell, says he was minding his business, driving in Alameda County, when a cop tapped on his window and asked if he was on parole or probation. (CNN says police claim the car Hammer was in had an expired registration.)
“While I was handing him my ID,” he tweeted Saturday, “he reached in my car and tried to pull me out the car but forgot he was on a steady donut diet. ..” Apparently, you can touch this.
Hammer then claims the officer pulled out his “guns” and whistled for help. “Only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge,” he tweeted.
Hammer was taken to Santa Rita Jail and was booked and then released on bail.
“I will now answer his question,” Hammer tweeted, “contrary to his personal beliefs, all people of color are not on parole or probation fat boy!!!”
- Lady Gaga’s hip surgery was successful. “I’m alive,” she says.
- After being a no-show at a trial date for driving with a suspended licence, the Los Angeles County court issued two bench warrants for Suge Knight.
- In unrelated divorce news: Funkadelic mastermind George Clinton has filed for divorce from his wife of 22 years; Diane Lane filed for divorce from Josh Brolin on Feb. 15.
- “O.C.” star Adam Brody and “Gossip Girl” star Leighton Meester are officially dating.
- Steven Tyler told a Peruvian TV show that he has spent more than $5 million on cocaine in his lifetime.