Kirstie Alley is one of those celebrities who is brutally candid on Twitter, sometimes to the point of sounding like an elitist jerk.
She tweeted her derision at the idea that “poor people” can’t afford healthy food, saying that rice and beans were “two of the cheapest foods in the market.”
Her new book, “The Art of Men,” contains more of her straight-from-the-hip remarks. She admits that John Travolta was the “love of her life” and that she fell for him during the filming of “Look Who’s Talking.”
That’s totally understandable when you take into account how salacious and steamy that film was. She also admits to a long, intense emotional affair with Patrick Swayze when the two met on the set of “North and South.”
“Both of us were married,” she told “Entertainment Tonight.” “We did not have an affair. But again, I think what I did was worse. Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you’re married, you jeopardize your own marriage and their marriage. It’s doubly bad.”
No word on whether the two of them hit the pottery wheel together though.
The movie “Flight” portrays a “functioning” alcoholic for a change, and not some Las Vegas-leaving, weekend-losing, wine-and-roses-reveling rummy.
The critically acclaimed film stars Denzel Washington as a heroic yet alcoholic airplane pilot, but two booze brands are not happy to be part of the cinema magic. Both Budweiser and Stolichnaya have asked Paramount to remove all depictions of their brands, saying they never consented to the product placement.
“We would never condone the misuse of our products, and have a long history of promoting responsible drinking and preventing drunk driving,” Budweiser Vice President Robert McCarthy told E! News.
Too bad “fair use” laws favor the filmmakers, not the brand names. Only the Bud Bowl can save their reputation now.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- According to Gossip Cop, People magazine’s choice for Sexiest Man Alive this year will be Channing Tatum.
- TMZ says Lindsay Lohan will soon be charged with lying to the police, stemming from an accident she was involved with back in June.
- Harrison Ford has reportedly said that he would be “open” to playing Han Solo again in new “Star Wars” films.
- The drummer for Coldplay is going to join the cast of “Game of Thrones.” (???)
- Brooke Shields’ mom, Teri, who was very instrumental in her daughter’s career, has died at the age of 79.