Will everyone’s favorite hometown heroes, Journey, be performing in that other “Citay by the Bay-ee-yayay” during the GOP convention this week?
With Tropical Storm Isaac engulfing South Florida and threatening Tampa, no doubt some über-hip Republican strategist asked for “that hot band that does ‘Rock You Like A Hurricane,’” until he realized that the Scorpions were actually a bunch of Germans.
In the end, the band that sang “Any Way You Want It” probably seemed just as apt for a candidate who’s been accused of flip-flopping as much as Mitt Romney.
TMZ initially reported the Romney campaign was going to pay Journey $500,000 to appear, but the candidate’s reps have denied it.
Buzzfeed then followed up with a report that the band was actually going to play at a private venue, sponsored by Citizens Helping Heroes, a nonprofit that aids veterans.
The organization says nothing about a Journey show on its website (and, for that matter, neither does the Journey website), but they are hosting Kid Rock on Thursday.
Don’t stop believin’ quite yet.
Will you accept this pose?
Reports that “Bachelorette” Emily Maynard has been cheating on her chosen beau Jef Holm may seem far-fetched until you consider the source, which is none other than Holm’s brother, Mike.
Us magazine broke the story, citing “explicit texts” and racy photos that Mike says were sent to the southern blonde from a mystery man.
Ladies who’ve learned the hard way know that only the most deluded of gents send unsolicited “Rep. Weiner” shots of themselves.
For all her foibles (quick temper, shiny teeth and the desperation of someone who’d go on TV to find a mate), ol’ Em doesn’t seem like the type to partake in such filth.
Now here’s a theory: The unwelcome shots were probably sent by runner-up Arie Luyendyk, who couldn’t take no for an answer and even admitted to traveling to Charlotte, N.C., after the show to try and win her back.
Let’s run this by Mike, shall we?
Got a scoop? firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEAL Team 6 soldier-cum-author Matt Bissonnette is in talks with DreamWorks to sell the film rights to his story.
- Amanda Bynes has now been accused of her third hit-and-run accident this year, in addition to being arrested on suspicion of a DUI in April. Tut-tut.
- Sarah Palin lookalike Lisa Ann, star of the porno “Who’s Nailin’ Paylin?” has brought her live strip show to Tampa in honor of the GOP convention. Watch that pole tax!
- “Jimmy Kimmel Live” will take the coveted post-nightly-news slot on ABC in January going head-to-head with Jay Leno and David Letterman.
- Musician Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine is 26.
- Actress Carly Pope (“Popular”) is 32.
- Actor Jack Black is 43.
- Actor Jason Priestley (“90210”) is 43.
- Actress Emma Samms (“Dynasty”) is 52.
- Actor David Soul (“Starsky and Hutch”) is 69.