How do you know an actor is a d-bag? When he throws a punch at someone for taking a picture of him … and the picture wasn’t actually of him. Ed Westwick allegedly went off on a bar patron he saw snapping a camera-phone shot — but the poor dude was just trying to photograph his own girlfriend.
According to Page Six, the “Gossip Girl” actor was with pals at NYC hot spot SL when the altercation — which his rep denies — started.
“Ed thought that one of the guys from the next table was taking a photo of him,” an onlooker relayed. “But he was really just trying to get a shot of his girlfriend. Ed freaked out. He leapt up and tried to punch the guy, but completely missed.” (HAAH-ha!)
The B-lister-at-best is also said by his intended victim to have screeched, “You don’t take [expletive] pictures of me.”
When the innocent bar-goer implored him to “chill out,” Ed had a few words with a bouncer — resulting in the guy being asked to leave.
Heads-up to Ed: Your show’s ending soon, and its buzz has long since faded. Nobody cares about you. Also? Attempting to punch someone and missing is pathetic on many levels.
Miley’s Life Lessons
Miley Cyrus is sounding off to Marie Claire magazine about the folks who think she’s too young to be engaged to Aussie actor Liam Hemsworth.
“Life is too short not to be with the person you want to be with,” the former “Hannah Montana” star opined. “I don’t really care about the wedding or the piece of paper as much as I do the promise we’ve made to each other. And we want to have a long engagement.”
Well, maybe during that time Liam will come to his senses and realize he could still do a lot better.
- Natalie Portman married Benjamin Millepied in a traditional Jewish ceremony in Big Sur.
- Kanye West wowed an New York club crowd by playing unreleased tracks, per Page Six.
- Amanda Bynes had another fender-bender, the driver she allegedly hit told TMZ.
- Nick Jonas confirmed that he’s in talks to be a new “American Idol” judge.
- Ellen Page is seeking the LAPD’s help to ID an alleged Twitter stalker threatening to kill her.
- Actor Wayne Knight (“Seinfeld”) is 57.
- Oscar-winner Charlize Theron is 37.
- Actor Harold Perrineau (“Lost”) is 49.
- Actor David Duchovny is 52.
- Iron Maiden rocker Bruce Dickinson is 54.