Avril Lavigne is reportedly engaged to marry Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, the happy couple dished to People magazine. Whaaat? Nobody even knew the 27-year-old faux punk and the 37-year-old lite rocker were an item.
But apparently, being Canadian and in the music industry was enough to make them soul mates.
The sparks started flying in February when the pair began collaborating on a song for Avril’s upcoming album, explained a source: “A romantic relationship blossomed as they spent time writing together.”
A proposal, complete with a 14-carat diamond ring (apparently all those royalties from adult contemporary radio airplay add up), reportedly took place Aug. 8.
Sincere congratulations go to Avril. And by that we mean: Wow, you actually found a guy douchier than Brody Jenner. And that’s quite an accomplishment.
It’s All About Mimi
Mariah Carey has decided the “American Idol” judges’ panel isn’t big enough for two divas. According to TMZ, La Mimi was so peeved when show brass called to tell her that Nicki Minaj is a top candidate to sign on, she slammed down the phone.
Evidently, the “Fantasy” singer was given the impression that she’d be the only female judge on “Idol” … and did not take kindly to word that the hip-hop star might show up to steal her thunder.
Well, obviously Mariah would fear being upstaged by Nicki, who also wears totally inappropriate outfits and says totally crazy things. And to make matters worse, actually does it on purpose.
Amanda Bynes is starting to look like the next Lindsay Lohan, and not in a good way (if there even still is one).
Amid talk that she may face charges for an alleged hit-and-run this month, she was involved in another car mishap.
Amanda’s rental car — unsurprisingly, her own BMW is in the shop — was rear-ended, reports TMZ. Also unsurprisingly, the star is said to have brought the damage on herself with a “reckless maneuver.”
Will someone take this girl’s license away, already?
- Photos of naked Prince Harry during an apparent strip billiards game in a Las Vegas hotel suite surfaced on TMZ.
- Ben Stiller put his NYC duplex apartment on the market for $9.6 million (he paid $10 million).
- Neve Campbell hit the beach with beau J.J. Field and their newborn (name and sex unknown).
- Basketball player Kobe Bryant is 34.
- Musician Julian Casablancas of the Strokes is 34.
- Figure skater Nicole Bobek is 35.
- Actor-comedian Jay Mohr is 42.
- Actor-musician Rick Springfield is 63.
- Actress Barbara Eden (“I Dream of Jeannie”) is 78.