It seems new details are emerging every day about Katie Holmes’ surprise move to divorce Tom Cruise on the eve of his 50th birthday (he reached the milestone Tuesday). They have a common theme: Katie felt trapped.
“Every move she made and everything she did was controlled,” a source told Us magazine. “She felt like she was in ‘Rosemary’s Baby.’”
The former “Dawson’s Creek” star, who publicly embraced Scientology when she first fell for Tom, also reportedly wanted to distance herself and Suri, 6, from the sect.
“This is about protecting her daughter,” another source told Us.
TMZ says Katie wanted to avoid subjecting Suri to a Scientology ritual in which a subject is hooked up to a machine and interrogated in order to pinpoint “areas of spiritual distress.” Um, how spiritually distressed can a 6-year-old be?
Considering how many times she renewed her vows with husband Seal, Heidi Klum has almost as much experience walking down the aisle as she does walking down the runway. But after her seven-year marriage failed — guess all those weddings didn’t take — Heidi is ready to hang up her wedding dress.
“I don’t know if I’ll get married again,” the model, who filed for divorce from Seal in April, told a German publication. “Although I really enjoyed being married.”
C’mon, isn’t there a teensy chance you two could reconcile?
Eva Longoria is allegedly trying to go incognito on dates with her new beau ... but that’s not working out so well.
The actress is dating New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, according to In Touch. On one recent date, she reportedly sported a blond wig.
Hanging at New York’s Hotel Griffou over dinner, “they were laughing and having a great time,” an insider said.
- Meat Loaf filed a lawsuit against an impersonator who snapped up the domain name meatloaf.org.
- Bikini-clad Jennifer Aniston lounged on a yacht off Capri, Italy, with beau Justin Theroux.
- Gwyneth Paltrow was surprised when husband Chris Martin briefly left a Coldplay performance to smooch her.
- Jon Hamm wiped away tears while taking in a Broadway performance, per Page Six.
- Rapper RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan is 43.
- Actress Kathryn Erbe (“Law & Order: Criminal Intent“) is 46.
- Actress Edie Falco (“Nurse Jackie”) is 49.
- Rocker Huey Lewis is 62.
- Musician Robbie Robertson of The Band is 69.