Katherine Jackson is doing just fine — in fact, the R&B family matriarch, who was reported missing by a nephew on Saturday night, is getting a little R & R at an Arizona spa.
Siblings of the late Michael Jackson sent their mother on the trip to escape what TMZ sources called the “utter chaos” of her family’s home — where she takes care of the pop star’s three children.
But some sources feel there was something fishy about the trip, and Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies told the site they felt “used and manipulated” by the family members who made the original claims that Katherine was missing.
Michael’s siblings are engaged in a legal battle over his estate, claiming that the executors’ conduct is taking a toll on Katherine’s health — hmm, could there be a connection with the family treating her to a spa vacation?
And there was more drama at the home Monday, when the same sheriff’s deputies responded to a call alleging an incident of battery took place at the home.
Even in death, it seems, Michael Jackson’s family life swirls with mystery.
Hindsight is 20/20. In the wake of Katie Holmes’ surprise split from Tom Cruise, a journalist who interviewed her just one day before the divorce filing now says signs of a rift were evident.
“Going back over the tapes, there were signs: Holmes was certainly very aware of herself, laying a couple cards on the table but never showing her whole hand,” a C Magazine editor who grilled Katie declared to Women’s Wear Daily.
“Most noticeably, the one name decisively absent from her lexicon: Tom Cruise. She never actually refers to him by name over pages and pages of transcription.”
And, tellingly, the former “Dawson’s Creek” star became flustered when asked whether having daughter Suri brought her and her husband closer together.
“I don’t know. I mean … I don’t know,” Katie answered. “People have been having babies a long time.”
So after all that time pretending to be happily married, she couldn’t keep it up for one last day?
- Fred Willard tweeted that his account of his arrest in an adult theater was “much more PG” than reports.
- Cybill Shepherd is engaged to Andrei Nikolajevic, a — get this — jeweler turned psychologist, per N.Y. Daily News.
- Mel Gibson’s soon-to-be-ex-stepmother asked a judge to make him a party in divorce proceedings.
- Mariah Carey’s one-year “American Idol” deal is for $18 million, TMZ reports.
- “The Jeffersons” star Sherman Hemsley has died at age 74, his representative said. A cause of death was not released.
- Musician Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth is 54.
- Actor James Lafferty (“One Tree Hill”) is 27.
- Actor Matt LeBlanc is 45.
- Actress Illeana Douglas is 47.
- Supermodel Iman is 57.
- Musician Verdine White of Earth, Wind and Fire is 61.
- Actress Barbara Harris is 77.