John Mayer is apologizing for all those times when he overshared ... by oversharing again. Appearing on “Ellen” a couple of years after he babbled about sex with Jessica Simpson and other TMI topics to any news outlet that would listen, the singer-songwriter explained himself.
“I lost my head for a little while. I lost touch and I didn’t want to ask for directions,” the musician confessed. “I did a couple really dumb interviews and it woke me up.”
John claims his choice to take a timeout from the media helped with “rocketing him into adulthood.”
“I’m glad I actually stayed out of the spotlight,” he muses. “Back then I would’ve said, ‘Let me get out and do ‘Ellen’ and explain myself.’”
Instead, John told himself, “No, idiot. Go away — be 33 and 34 instead of 28 for the fourth year.”
Sigh ... now that he’s going out and doing “Ellen” and explaining himself, we already miss those days.
So this is a little scary: Brandi Glanville freely confesses that she wished physical harm to LeAnn Rimes, the woman who ran off with her then-husband Eddie Cibrian, when she first saw the country singer holding one of the estranged couple’s two sons.
“I remember walking up to soccer practice and there she was with my baby in her lap,” Brandi told an Australian magazine. “My blood was boiling, and I thought I was going to kill her. I really thought I was going to physically hurt her.”
“Brandi has told LeAnn to her face multiple times that she would kill her if she could,” an insider confided to the blog Celebuzz, noting that LeAnn considered seeking a restraining order. “LeAnn is scared of Brandi and believes she is unstable. LeAnn’s own mother is concerned for her daughter’s safety, too ,and regularly calls her to tell her so.”
Brandi has since tweeted to clarify that it was only the first time she saw her son with LeAnn that she “wanted to hurt her.” Ohhh, OK then.
- Katherine Heigl’s second daughter adopted with husband Josh Kelley is named Adalaide Marie Hope.
- Ryan Seacrest reportedly purchased a 2.87-acre estate for $37 million from ...
- ... Ellen DeGeneres, who was just tapped for comedy’s Mark Twain Prize. So, good week!
- Jay-Z told CNN he supports gay marriage, calling opposition “discrimination plain and simple.”
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt took their kids to the musical “Billy Elliot” in London.
- Actress Nikki Reed (“Twilight”) is 24.
- Actor Tahj Mowry is 26.
- Dancer Derek Hough (“DWTS”) is 27.
- NBA player Tony Parker is 29.
- Singer Jordan Knight of New Kids on the Block is 42.
- Musician Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails is 47.
- Talk show host Craig Ferguson is 50.
- Singer Enya is 51.
- Comedian Bob Saget is 56.
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard is 56.
- Actor Bill Paxton is 56.