Jennifer Lopez doesn’t plan on returning to “American Idol” next season, E! News sources report. The actress-singer-designer-mom evidently has her hands too full to waste her time on the high-paying gig.
“She’s just too busy,” a source said.
J.Lo herself said she hasn’t made a decision — and this certainly doesn’t seem to be a case of her getting kicked off the show.
“Fox does not want to let her go. They love her,” a source connected to E! said.
Let’s see — Christina Aguilera’s on “The Voice,” Britney Spears and Demi Lovato are on “X Factor,” and Jessica Simpson just had a baby. We’re guessing that Mandy Moore and Shakira are frantically making phone calls to their agents right about now.
Elin: Single Again
Despite reports they were recently seen together, Elin Nordegren split with billionaire beau Jamie Dingman, per People magazine.
Almost a year after she divorced her famously philandering husband Tiger Woods, the Swedish model was seen publicly with the businessman.
“She says Jamie’s a great guy — and they’re still friends — but I think it was just too early after the divorce for her to get serious with anyone,” a friend opined.
Elin, honey, we know you’ve been burned. But there are only so many hot, eligible members of the “1 percent” left for you to date! Either you reconcile with Jamie, or you may have to lower your standards by a few decimal points.
Caine: Trapped On Set
Production crews should really be more careful! Michael Caine was reportedly locked on a location set overnight after sneaking a nap.
The actor was evidently snoozing in an attic dressing room when the crew decided to lock up.
“His mobile phone was in his trailer, and there was no electricity in the attic, meaning he couldn’t see a thing,” a source told the U.K.’s Daily Mirror. “It was pitch black. Michael started shouting for help, but no one could hear him.”
The actor was reportedly found the next morning. OK, we feel bad for him — but this is kind of hilarious.
- Ellen DeGeneres was tapped to win the Mark Twain Prize in comedy.
- Lea Michele and Cory Monteith kissed at the Rangers-Devils hockey playoff game Wednesday.
- Reese Witherspoon took a private tennis lesson at L.A.’s Brentwood Country Club.
- John Travolta’s attorney denied that the actor paid off two accusers to drop their charges.
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden took their two children to Taronga Zoo in Australia.
- Actress-comedienne-writer Tina Fey is 42.
- Rapper Rob Base is 43.
- Action star Chow Yun-Fat is 57.
- Country musician George Strait is 60.
- Musician Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo is 62.
- Baseball star Reggie Jackson is 66.
- Actress Priscilla Pointer (“Carrie”) is 88.
- Actor Bill Macy (“Maude”) is 90.