Dr. Oz is being sued by someone who appears to be a moron. According to OMG!, New Jersey resident Frank Dietrl is suing Mehmet Oz’s “insomnia cure” for causing him to have third-degree burns on his feet.
Oz directed his viewers to put uncooked rice in socks, warm them up in the microwave, then snuggle into those bad boys to induce drowsiness. Sounds totally scientific. Dr. Oz reportedly warned viewers to make sure the “knapsack heated rice footsies” weren’t too hot before placing them on their feet. But devil-may-care Dietrl, who suffers from neuropathy, or numbness in his feet due to diabetes, apparently missed that part and ended up roasting his kickers.
Dietrl is blaming Dr. Oz for his injuries, which he claims left him bedridden for weeks. “There were no warnings to anybody with neuropathy to not try it,” said his attorney. He’s suing for unspecified damages.
↓ Continue Reading Below
- Authorities reportedly found marijuana on board Rihanna’s tour buses were stopped at the Michigan-Canada border. Duh.
- Taylor Swift has reportedly been chatting up Hawaiian surfing pro John John Florence.
- Fox is developing a series around James Clavell’s feudal Japanese novel “Shogun.”
- Ryan Gosling says he is going to take a break from acting, saying, “I think it’s good for me to take a break and reassess why I’m doing it and how I’m doing it.”
- Kim Richards of “Real Housewives” has admitted that she has never once applied for a job.
- Actress Reese Witherspoon is 37.
- Actor Cole Hauser (“A Good Day to Die Hard”) is 38.
- Actor Matthew Modine is 54.
- Singer Stephanie Mills is 56.
- Sportscaster Bob Costas is 61.
- Anchorman Wolf Blitzer is 65.
- Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber is 65.
- Musician George Benson is 70.
- Actor William Shatner is 82.
- Composer Stephen Sondheim is 83.
Click here or scroll down to comment