Streets will be closed and Muni routes will be affected downtown virtually all day Saturday to clear the way for a mock terrorist attack.
Scores of local and federal agencies will simulate nuclear attacks beginning at 10 a.m. at 555 California St. and at 1 Post St.
Community events throughout The City and a preseason 49ers game will also affect roads and transit, according to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority.
↓ Continue Reading Below
Saturday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. downtown street closures
Saturday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. downtown Muni disruptions
- – California cable car
- – 2-Clement
- – 3-Jackson
- – 10-Townsend
Other Saturday street closures and affected Muni routes
- – Stockton Street from Filbert to Union streets will close from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The 39-Coit Muni route will be affected. This is for a celebration of Italian culture with free entertainment planned by the San Francisco Italian Athletic Club.
- – Buchanan Street from Hayes Street, and Ivy Street from Laguna to Webster, will close from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. This is for an all-day block party.
Sunday street closures
- – Beckett Street from Jackson Street to Pacific Avenue will close from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. This is for a Ma-Tsu Temple Event.
- – Grove Street from Divisadero to Broderick streets from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. This is for the Grove Street farmers market.
Sunday 49ers game
- – The San Francisco 49ers will host their first home preseason game Saturday starting at 6 p.m. at Candlestick Park. Delays are expected on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco before and after the game.
- – For service to and from the game, T-Third customers can transfer at the Gilman-Paul station to the 87S Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly from the station to Candlestick and returns at the end of the game.
- – Muni Express routes are special event fare service with an adult fare of $7 roundtrip.
- – 75X (Candlestick Express — from Balboa Park BART
- – 77X (formerly known as 47X) Candlestick Express — from California and Van Ness
- – 78X (formerly known as 28X) Candlestick Express — from California and Funston
- – 79X (formerly known as 9X) Candlestick Express — from Sutter and Sansome
- – 86S Candlestick Shuttle — from Bacon and San Bruno
- – 75X Candlestick Express — to Balboa Park BART
- – 77X (formerly known as 47X) Candlestick Express — to Van Ness and North Point
- – 78X (formerly known as 28X) Candlestick Express — to California and Funston
- – 79X (formerly known as 9X) Candlestick Express — to Kearny and Sutter
- – 86S Candlestick Express — to Bacon and San Bruno
Source: San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority
Click here or scroll down to comment