Dr. Conrad Murray filed an appeal Monday in a last-ditch attempt to clear his name in the death of Michael Jackson.
CNN reports that Murray’s defense claims that it was actually Jackson’s dermatologist who got him hooked on Demerol, and that the King of Pop was so out of it from withdrawal of the narcotic that he administered his own deadly dose of propofol.
Murray was convicted of hooking Jackson up to an “unusual, makeshift” IV drip, then leaving him to make phone calls instead of monitoring the process. In the appeal, the defense reintroduced the claim that once Murray split, Jacko pumped more of the drug into his system on his own; lawyers are citing prosecution flaws in the original trial.
Whatever happens, Murray could be out in as soon as seven months. According to CNN, the only reason he is doing this is so that he can get his medical license back — you know, for that long line of patients who want to see him.
- Will Smith says he turned down the lead in “Django Unchained” because he didn’t want to play second fiddle to Christopher Waltz’s (Oscar-winning) character.
- Mia Farrow, Josh Groban, Samuel L. Jackson, Rashida Jones, Lil B, Lena Dunham, Joyce Carol Oates, Tyra Banks and Alice Waters all made Time magazine’s “Best Twitter Feeds” of 2013.
- CBS has apologized for using a Vietnam War memorial in Hanoi as a prop during the filming of “Amazing Race.”
- Gwyneth Paltrow unveiled her spring fashion must-haves on her blog for moms, Goop, but you need about $450,000 to have these “musts.”
- A 25-year-old man died of cardiac arrest during a tug-of-war sequence while filming of the French “Survivor” in Cambodia on Friday.
- Actress Keira Knightley (“Anna Karenina”) is 28.
- Country musician Kenny Chesney is 45.
- Michael Imperioli (“The Sopranos”) is 47.
- Comedian Martin Short is 63.
- Singer Steven Tyler of Aerosmith is 65.
- Entertainer Diana Ross is 69.
- Actor James Caan (“Misery”) is 73.
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is 73.
- Actor Alan Arkin (“Argo”) is 79.
- Actor Leonard Nimoy (“Star Trek”) is 82.
Click here or scroll down to comment