Celebrity chef Cat Cora used the “N-word” (no, not that one) after she rear-ended someone in Los Angeles, calling them a “nerd.” Cora was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI after her blood-alcohol level registered 0.19, according to TMZ. The legal limit in California is 0.08.
A video has emerged from the event, taken by the rear-ended driver, and it shows Cora calmly trying to talk them into hanging out with her in hopes of, perhaps, forgetting the whole incident. Her words are slurred and she hits them where it hurts–right in the geek.
“I’m being videotaped by two nerds who don’t (illegible) want to go have dinner together,” she says into the camera. She didn’t call them “Sugar t**s” or call into question their religion, but apparently she did make enough of an ass of herself to publicly apologize in a statement: “I deeply regret my decision to drive that night… and take full accountability for my actions.”
No word on whether or not her community service will involve teaching computer programmers how to make a Hollandaise.
- Jessica Simpson’s ex-brother-in-law Pete Wentz calls her a “secret genius” and scoffs at the suggestion that she is a dumb blonde. Wow, that is one deep, dark secret.
- There are rumors that balloon-lipped Lisa Rinna is close to joining the cast of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.”
- Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy hormones have apparently unleashed a brutal wave of body hair re-growth. This too shall pass, Kim.
- Edward Norton and his fiancée, Shauna Roberts, announced they had a baby boy in March.
- Stephen Colbert and Alan Cumming created their own answer to “The Accidental Racist” with “Oopsie-Daisy Homophobe.” Video: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/425563/april-17-2013/-accidental-racist–song
- Actor Hayden Christensen (“Jumper”) is 32.
- Actress Kate Hudson (“Something Borrowed”) is 34.
- Actor James Franco (“Oz: The Great and Powerful”) is 35.
- TV personality Jesse James is 44.
- Actress Ashley Judd (“Missing”) is 45.
- Record producer Suge Knight is 48.
- Guitarist Jeff Hanneman of Slayer is 50.
- Actor Tim Curry (“Legend”) is 67.
- Actress Elinor Donahue (“Father Knows Best”) is 76.
- Actor Hugh O’Brian (“The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp”) is 88.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here or scroll down to comment