Boys and Girls Club evacuated after strong smell of chlorine wafts through building

Trending Articles

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusmailFacebooktwittergoogle_plusmail

A Boys and Girls Club building in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood was evacuated late Friday morning after the strong smell of chlorine emanated from the organization’s basement, a firefighter said.

Chlorine potentially came in contact with some acid at about 11:55 a.m. causing possibly toxic clouds to waft through the club located at 1950 Page St., firefighter Al Posey said.

The building was quickly evacuated and no injuries were reported, but it remains unclear when the Boys and Girls Club will be safe to enter again.

Investigators are still looking into the cause of the incident.

Click here or scroll down to comment

In Other News