More than half of the money to reconstruction for West Sunset Playground by the Ortega branch library, the library that’s being reconstructed after a delayed demolition permit, would come from the general fund. The rest would come through bond revenue.
According to the proposal, these are the specific elements that would change:
- Entry gateway and signage
- Renovated plaza with permeable pavers with ground plane game markings
- Playground equipment (pre-school and school age)
- Picnic tables and benches
- Concrete seatwalls
- Planting and irrigation improvements in and around the playground
- Improved site drainage
- Security lighting
- Beginner skateboard rails (these elements will be installed on a trial basis. If staff determines that these elements are not functioning as anticipated, staff will have the option to remove this equipment at any time)
- Climbing boulders
- Minor clean-up modifications to the restrooms
- Drinking fountain, trash receptacles and fencing replacement
Rec and Park would likely also remove five trees: four Monterey Pine and one eucalyptus.
Commissioners are scheduled to vote on the proposal Thursday at their regular 4 p.m. meeting.