News of Osama Bin Laden's death broke on Twitter before the cable networks were able to confirm. Now a graph shows the traffic spikes on Twitter as the news cycle continuted overnight and into the next day. At the peak of the breaking news, over 5,000 tweets per second were sent Sunday night.
Get Digital Edition
More By charlie spiering
- Pakistani man unwittingly live-tweets invasion on Osama Bin Laden's compound
- Fans celebrate news of Bin Ladens death Phillies-Mets Game
- Osama's dead. How does this affect Obama?
- White House crowds sing national anthem, as they celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden
- Sen. Scott Brown has seen Bin Laden photos; advises against releasing them to the public