The BarNotes app puts the crafty drinker in touch with a community of like-minded enthusiasts who introduce new takes on old classics. Users can like or comment on cocktails, suggest different portions, post variations and even create their own recipes. Curated cocktail lists cater to the holiday, game day or even time of day. Creator Brandon Herring, an Atlanta native who now lives in San Francisco, and partner Peter Bodenheimer, who resides in New Orleans, have blended the two cocktail hubs using social media. “It’s like bringing the oldest and the newest together,” Herring said, paying tribute to the revolutionary cocktail and technology traditions of both cities.
In Other News
- New details emerge as June Jordan high school heals after shooting
- UPDATE: SFPD declares area near Hall of Justice safe
- Gregor Blanco posts ominous video thanking San Francisco
- Greg Gopman, derided for tech entitlement in SF, hired then fired from Twitter
- SFMTA to bring back Castro shuttle to ease subway’s crushing crowds