web analytics

UPDATED: 1 dead, 2 injured in second deadly shooting of the day

Trending Articles

San Francisco General Hospital was put on lockdown Thursday afternoon after a shooting on Treat Avenue near Cesar Chavez that killed one man and injured two others. (Examiner file photo)

UPDATED Friday June 8 6:30 a.m.:
The San Francisco medical examiner’s office has identified the two people killed in separate shootings Thursday.

Vanessa Palma, 34, of South San Francisco, was shot and killed Thursday at 11:12 a.m. in the 4500 block of Mission Street near Santa Rosa Avenue.

Jaime Poole, 21, of San Francisco, was shot along with two other men in the 1400 block of Treat Avenue near Cesar Chavez Street on Thursday around 3:20 p.m. Poole died around 4 p.m. at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.

As of Thursday evening, one of the surviving victims from the
Treat Avenue shooting was in critical condition, and the other was in serious condition.


One man was killed and two others injured in a shooting in San Francisco’s Mission District Thursday afternoon.

The shooting occurred around 3:20 p.m. in the 1400 block of Treat Avenue near Cesar Chavez, according to Officer Joseph Tomlinson.

Tomlinson said there were two possible victims transported to the hospital.

However, Brent Andrew, a spokesman for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, said the hospital had received three victims from the incident, all of them men in their 20s.

One of the men died around 4 p.m., Andrew said. Of the remaining two, one is in critical condition and the other in serious condition.

The hospital was placed on lockdown, which is routine during any mass casualty incident, Andrew said.

Police are also treating the parking lot area of the hospital as a crime scene because at least one of the victims drove himself there, and investigators are now examining his vehicle, Andrew said.

The homicide was the second to occur Thursday.

A woman was also shot and killed in the Excelsior District Thursday morning around 11:20 a.m. in the 4500 block of Mission Street.

A male suspect in that incident fled the scene.

Police have not reported any arrests in either incident.

Click here or scroll down to comment